Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Learn Something New Day - How to put your projects on Ravelry!

Oh the great wide world of Ravelry. You’ve gotten accepted, made your account and tried to learn how to use it by clicking various tabs and drooling over all the amazing projects you adding to your mental list of things to do.

But how do you show the Ravelry world your finished projects when they finally come to life? This can be a confusing aspect of the site and I’ve written this tutorial to help guide you through the process

First things first, click on the “my notebook” tab in the upper left hand corner

This should take you directly to your “projects” page. Once here click on the button that says “Add Project”

On this page fill out the title of your project, whether it is knitting, crochet, weaving or something else and where you found it (for this project, like many of my others, I choose the last bubble because I make the patterns myself). After this is filled out, click the button that says “Continue”

You will come to the Project Details page. Again, fill out as many of the blank spaces as you can, who you made it for, what size needles you used, what yarn you used and don’t forget that information in the little blue square in the upper right corner, saying that the project is complete and how much you enjoyed it :) Before continuing, don’t forget to hit “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page or you will lose all your hard work!

After saving, click on the button that says “edit photos”

From here you can choose how to upload your photos. Are they on flickr already? Photobucket? Etsy or somewhere else on the web? Or still on your computer? In this case, I used the photos on my computer.

Find the picture you want and click “upload”

After you have uploaded all the pictures you want, go ahead and click the button circled in blue “details” to go back to the previous page. If you are part of a group, add the project to the group so everyone can see it!

Now go ahead and add all those projects you have completed and show off your talent! If you'd like to be friends or see what all I have made that I haven't posted right here on my blog, you find me here. I really should update my projects too...they're not all up there yet...well, now you know what I'll be doing the rest of the evening ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...