Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Feature - maxsworld

I sort of stumbled upon this shop the other day just browsing Etsy and procrastinating and I haven't been so amazed by a knitting accessories shop in ages! I asked maxsworld if she would be willing to answer a few questions for me and she very graciously accepted. Here are her answers to some of my random thoughts:

How long have you been knitting?

About 3 and a half years. I started when my mum got me a pair of needles and some wool for my 20th birthday and then a good friend gave me a copy of 'Stitch N Bitch' and I haven't looked back! Pretty much everything I do is yarn related now.

Do you have any advice for beginning knitters?

Once you've learned the basics don't be afraid to go off road! Once I realised I didn't HAVE to have a pattern the fun really began and I started knitting all sorts of crazy sculptures...!

If you were to be transformed into a knitted creature, what would you be?

I'd like to be Tiny Clanger so I could hang out on the moon with and have soup from the soup dragon! (If you don't know it - The Clangers is a British animated tv series from the 1970s with knitted characters) http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/clangers/


Were you able to travel the entire world, where would you go?

That's a tough one. My travel wish list is a bit epic... I actually really want to go to the Maker Faire in San Francisco one year, I've not been to the USA before. But I want to get to Japan and also India at some point. I'm sure they'd be amazing! I guess I need to start saving up my pennies...

Tell us something random about you that we otherwise might not know.

name is Max... Ok, you knew that but it's not short for anything, not even Maxine :-D I get asked that all the time so now you know!

Check out her other website where you can read her blog and see what kinds of sculptures she has been knitting lately :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...