Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Feature - SissysArt

I decided to do today's feature on SissysArt. She creates all kinds of artistic works in a variety of mediums and each piece has sentimental value as she is most inspired by things that are going on her life. Read on to find out where she got her start, her dreams, and her hero (and, as always, simply click on the photos to go to the listing in her shop ;)):

1. What is the first craft you remember making?

I remember my grandma teaching me how to make apple dolls just like she used to make when she was a child. We would carve out the faces and then sit them on the window sill to dry. I remember how amazed I was that they looked like little old people the more they dried and shriveled up. Then we would use cotton (she saved the cotton from her vitamin bottles) for the hair and make little stuffed bodies and clothes for them. I had the best time making these!

2.Are you the kind of person who enjoys teaching yourself or taking classes with groups to learn?

I like to do both. I enjoy taking classes for the social aspect, plus I always feel like it is so much easier to learn from someone who has been doing it for a long time. However, I'm mostly a self taught artist simply because I can't find a class for everything I want to learn. I would love to take a soldering class from Sally Jean Alexander but she is a few states away from me, so I've taught myself from books, you tube videos and internet sources.

3. When you are not creating, what can you be found doing?

Housework! It's a never ending battle and I'm never caught up. Seriously though as far as fun things to do, I love working in my flower beds, spending time with my family, going for walks. I live a pretty simple life and I like it that way.

4.If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

My husband and I would love to travel to Europe some day. My son went and back packed through Europe with two of his friends a couple of years ago and I just love looking at all of his pictures. Especially the ones from Italy and Greece.

5.Who is your hero?

My Mom without a doubt. She was a creative woman who had such a kind heart and was so giving to others. She always worked hard all of her life and it wasn't always easy, but she still found time to be there for her family.

Thank you SissysArt! Don't forget to check out her blog to keep up with this amazing woman!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...