Friday, August 28, 2009

Cafe Drawing



While I was waiting in a cafe this past weekend, sipping my tea and knitting, a gentleman came over and asked if he could draw me. "Sure" I wasn't about to say no, even if the request had caught me a tad off guard. My friend wasn't to arrive for another hour so the man and I made small talk, he had some books with him which sparked discussion of politics, muses and music. I found out he was a construction worker whose job that day had been rained out so he came to the cafe to relax and draw. Luckily, I was his subject :)

Here is the picture that came from that session:

4 comments:

Sharyn said...

I love it! That is so cool.

libu said...

oh that's so special...what a nice little thing to happen.

Soyun Park said...

This is really nice drawing. You look gorgeous. Wish I meet some one who asks me like that someday.:)

Skip Rohde said...

I almost never ask somebody if I can draw them, I just try to do it without letting them know. The reason is that as soon as somebody knows they're being drawn (or photographed), then their whole demeanor changes and they pose. They may not be aware of it, but they do. So how did it feel, being asked to be the subject of a drawing? I've often wondered what somebody might have felt, had I approached them with a request like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...