Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Epic Dr. Who Scarf

Ok ok, I know I've been talking about this for a while now, but its finally finished! Its done! Completed! Finito!

More than 61,200 stitches went in to this scarf. Its more than ten feet long (which is why I have Matt modeling it, it was dragging on the ground when I put it on!) without the fringe, and the fringe adds at least 6 inches to each side. Its also over a foot wide and when wrapped around my neck as much as it could, easily served as a neck-brace.

It was knit with seven skeins of different colors, all 100% merino wool. This scarf will definitely keep its wearer warm for YEARS to come.

It wasn't the most complicated knitting but it was a lot of knitting regardless and I am actually very proud of the way it turned out :D What do you think?

2 comments:

Woolly Mammoth said...

That's great! I made my boyfriend one of these scarves last year too!

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of finishing this scarf, and you're right while it's not complicated, it is a LOT of knitting! How long did it take you to finish it? With school & work, I will be finished within 9 months time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...