Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yarn Review: Merino Frappe

For the past few days I have been working on a project I can't tell you too much about just yet ;) But I can give you a review about the yarn I am using if you'd like.

I decided to use Merino Frappe by Crystal Palace Yarns. It is made up of 80% extra fine merino and 20% nylon and comes in balls of 140 yds. The yarn has a small halo which allows it to show off texture (cables, knit direction) but the individual stitches are not as defined (which is great for my project) and gives it a nice mossy type of look. The fabric has a wonderful drape but I am using size 10 needles when the yarn calls for 7 to 9, still I can tell that this is not the type of yarn to be stiff or unforgiving.

It is very easy to work with and stitches do not get split or dropped easily. Very warm and soft, this would make perfect winter garments and it comes in a wide variety of colors.

Have you ever used this yarn before? What are your thoughts? Pros? Cons?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...