Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Feature: Interview with ASenseOfPlacePhotogr

I haven't done an interview in a very long time so after I found ASenseofPlacePhotogr on Etsy I decided to start back up with my interview session with her. Read on to find out how she got started in her craft and a few other tidbits you might not find out otherwise :)

How did you get your start in photography?

I guess trips to visit family. I'd always want pictures. Then I realized which ones I would throw out over the years, and tried to tune into what really made a picture unique. Nowadays I just feel the entire process is really cathartic for me to have an objective stance on the world and improvisational attitude! The story of my very first "good" picture (Taken when I was 12) can be found here http://www.theyouandmeshow.com/search?q=the+old+tree and my photography manifesto can be found on my website (http://www.asenseofplacephotography.blogspot.com)

You have two other shops, would you mind talking some about these?

Sure. GoldenMustard is a Store which I originally wanted to transfer everything to (I actually sell a whole lot more than photography, I'm starting a comic strip, have a poetry book coming out, a children book....etc. But since I have connections on this one I continued to keep it. Asenseofplacephotogr.etsy.com is hard to remember also. GoldenMustard is my series satellite shop where I sell some of my cards at. Wackadoodles (my mom's shop) is a beginning store featuring her incredibly wacky and creative introspective drawings which she does using paint! I'm always so impressed by her and how different we are.

Can you tell us some about your music?

Sure. My husband and I write folk music, we sing together, and are looking for a band :) Some of our stuff can be found on youtube under broadcastkings4life and also on famecast.com/katbking. It's all in it's very beginning stages :) I'm also a Soprano attending the American Musical and Dramatic Academy right here in New York City presently and plan to pursue musical theatre professionally:) My very favorite musician is Paleo who can be found on paleo.ws. He's a major inspiration for me.

Tell us three interesting things about yourself that your customer may not know:

1. I got married to the love of my life when I was 20 years old and couldn't be happier. You can learn more about our love story at http://www.theyouandmeshow.com. Our wedding was just featured on offbeatbride.com last week!)
2. I attended a Swiss boarding school (tasis.ch) when I was 16 years old. It was a life dream of mine based on the book Bloomability, by Sharon Creech.
3. I write under a man's pen name.

If you could travel to any one place in the world, where would you go?

Husband and I really want to go to Norway for Christmas? Why? The gorgeous photographs of course :)

1 comment:

katrina and the king said...

ok thanks SO much for this!

it looks awesome :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...