Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finished One Order and Onto Another

I completely finished up that frog beanie and have since started on another custom order beanie.

The frog beanie is for a friend's soon-to-be-born niece. It was knit a little larger than newborn size because, the way I see it, everyone always get clothes and accessories for newborns but they very very quickly grow out of these sizes and rarely have enough clothes to fit them when they do. The beanie has a felt lining so make it extra warm (it is headed to Alaska) and big red buttons to hold the earflaps up if desired. I think it turned out really cute :)

The next order on my plate is a custom beanie for a coworker's boyfriend. He handed be a stack of comic books called The Runaways and showed me a character in them who wears various styles of beanies throughout the series and said to pick one. I looked through all the books, sticky-noted every page with a new beanie and after looking them over with the coworker we decided on one that kind of looks like an anime bunny with big floppy ears. Here is the yarn I am making it out of :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the color of that yarn. Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...