Friday, August 29, 2008

Interview with ThatSomething


The wonderful pieces found in ThatSomething’s shop are either pure vintage pieces or new pieces made from vintage parts. Her eclectic, fashionable jewelry is to die for and is sure to become a constant in your collection, and a conversation piece whenever you wear it!


First, please tell us a little bit about yourself?
My names Kim, im 26 and graduated in January from Temple with a degree in American Studies. I love to travel, drink good coffee in the morning and great wine in the evening, and nothing is better to me than a meal shared with a few close friends.
Where/When did you learn how to make jewelry?


I taught myself how to reconstruct jewelry out of my own dissatifaction with the jewelry I would buy. Before i had the appropriate tools I would use my fingers to pry apart jump rings! The day I bought pliers at Joannes, life got a little easier!


What inspires you in your work?


Im inspired by the human connection and sentimentalism an object can carry for people. I have a ring that was given to me by my mother and i am the fifth generation in the family to have it. Vintage and antique items remind me of how big the world is, how small i am, but that we each are intricately connected in some way.
When you are not finding pristine vintage pieces or making new jewelry, what can you be found doing?


I am also a freelance photographer for Educational Testing Service, so out taking photos. I love to cook not bake and I never use recipes, i like to read, and I sporadically write.

If you had to choose another way to expend your creative juices, how would you go about it?

I have thought about being a fashion designer, interior designer, poet, photojounalist, singer, actress, writer, painter and more. So I guess if I had to expend my creative juices some other way it would be to find a way to focus myself!

This wonderful shop can be found here: http://thatsomething.etsy.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...