Saturday, August 16, 2008

Interview with SweetBody


The sweet, girly aura of SweetBody’s shop is only the beginning of the awesomeness that is inside. Soaps, scrubs, and lip balms of all scents and appearances can be found, beautifully photographed and lovingly made. I asked SweetBody to answer some questions so that we could get to know the mind behind this artwork better:

First, please tell us a little bit about yourself:

I live on the coast of Maine, USA. I'm 21 years old. I love soap.

When/How did you first come upon making soaps and bath products?

It started in 2004, Christmas, I was making sugar scrubs for my friends and family, as gifts, and just got hooked into the whole world of handmade bath and body products.





Which scents are your favorites to use in your home?

Vanilla, without a doubt. I'm truly baffled by people that do not love the scent of vanilla. It's such a sweet fragrance, but also so sensual, and mixes well with ANYTHING.
What do you enjoy most about making soap?

For starters? . . .Everything.
If you could learn any new craft, what would it be?

I'm honestly really content with what I'm doing now. It's not just soap-I also do lotion, bath care, etc. But within my business, I also need to learn things like graphic design, photography (to an extent), etc. I'm starting to get into the art of perfumery, which is really a whole other world.

If I had to choose something outside of all bath and body care, though...fashion design would be (intensely) fun. Glass blowing would also be interesting.

I want to thank SweetBody for being so gracious as to give us an interview and I want to encourage you all to visit her shop: http://sweetbody.etsy.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...