Monday, September 1, 2008

Interview with 2monkees

This adorable shop seems to cater to the young and young at heart, the fashions are very eclectic and fun and the quality is top notch. Who doesn’t need a little spritz of “girly” in her days?

Please tell us a little something about yourself:

I am the mom of two little active boys. In my former life, I was a child and family therapist with very little children. It is a very necessary, rewarding job but one that I felt like I needed a break from. My family likes to spend time outside- hiking, skiing or biking.

Where/When did you start your jewelry making?


I started making jewelry about a year ago when I was helping a jewelry designer from Sri Lanka import her jewelry to the US. Many of the necklaces arrived too long for the American market. When I went to the bead store to find someone to shortened them, the woman suggested I do it myself. After many mistakes and a a lot of wasted sterling silver, I began to get the hang of it. Now I find that I am obsessed with making jewelry.

Where do you find your inspiration for your craft?


Nature seems to be my biggest inspiration. I am very attracted to all things natural and organic.

What can you be found doing when you are not making jewelry or rounding up rambunctious munchkins?


In my spare time, I can usually be found either hanging out with friends and family or working out. On the best days, I am doing both at the same time. I am blessed with a group of woman friends who like to ride, hike and ski as much as I do. We tend to take off together for a little sweating and gabbing.
If you had to find another way to express your creativity, how would you do it?

It seems there are so many different ways to express creativity in this world. It would be very hard for me to choose one. I would love to learn to knit, paint, throw pots or write a book. The trick is finding the time!

This shop can be found here: http://2monkees.etsy.com

And her blog can be found here:www.ourgreatgreenglobe.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...