Friday, August 15, 2008

Interview with MFIPC

MyFlatInParisCouture makes jewelry and accessories for the young, chic, stylish female on the go! She leads a very busy life and still has time to make her jewelry and promote her Etsy shop! I asked MFIPC to answer a few questions including how she got started with jewelry making, what inspires her, and how on Earth does she do it with 4 kids! This is what she had to say:

My name is Janie (aka Jaden) and I first learned how to make jewelry while I was a stay at mom when I had 2 kids. I would get really bored so I went to the library and checked out a few books on jewelry making and started from there.



I'm really into girly pink things. My creations sort of stem from bringing out the little girl that's still in our adult soul. I feel that focusing mainly in the European Parisian theme has done well.

After my husband was medically discharged from the Navy from Desert Storm, I started focusing on mainly a jewelry business rather than a hobby. VA disability isn't enough to feed a family of 4.

Then come the other 2 children (now a family of 6). Now that jewelry wasn't enough to pay the bills, I went out and got a 40 hour a week job while my husband stayed home with the kids. My boss is so nice that he gave me permission that when all my work is finished, I can work on my jewelry at the office. I mainly do all my jewelry at work so I can focus on being "mommy" when I get home and on the weekends.


I absolutely love what I do. Now that I'm working full time AND doing jewelry, I mainly donate my etsy profits to 2 charities that are Autism Research and Organ donation. I donate to these charities because my 7 year old son has Autism and my mother of 60 had a lung transplant. This is what inspires me to keep making jewelry.



This shop can be found here: http://mfipc.etsy.com
MFIPC's blog can be found here:
http://myflatinpariscouture.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

I love your blog!! And you have a special heart with donating your proceeds!! Blessings to you!!

I'd love you to critique mine if you get a chance!

http://rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...