Monday, May 10, 2010

Chic Gamine

On occasion our university brings various bands, musicians, magicians, illusionists, plays and comedians to campus.  The students can pick up tickets for free (we pay a fee at the beginning of the semester, so "free" is loosely defined) and community members can purchase tickets for themselves and their families at locations around town.

This past Friday, the band gracing us was Chic Gamine.  I had to pester the boyfriend out of the house to go with me and some friends (he had dislocated his toe and wasn't really wanting to go anywhere) and we didn't really know what to expect, all we knew was that its a chick band (with 1 man) from Canada.

The moment we showed up I could hear the music (we were only a tad late) and I knew it was going to be awesome!

Matt seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself as well and I only wish I could've stayed around to afford a CD and have the band members sign it.  Not only was the music phenomenal, a mix of indie, vocal, soulful music, the band was funny and relaxed on stage.  To top it off, they all wore the cutest outfits!

Even their website is adorable, I mean come on!
I encourage all of you to check out their website and listen to some of their songs, you won't be disappointed, I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...