Friday, October 9, 2009

Balloon Fiesta!

So I realize I never put those pictures up I promised! I apologize, here they are :)

This is one of the first balloons, launching at dawn with the flag while our national anthem was sung in the background:

I like this photo because it shows all the stages of balloons at once! The flat ones getting ready to fill up, the ones filling up but still on the ground and in the back you can see some floating away:

They had some that were fun shapes, like this monster:

And this cow, she had a hard time taking off:

but she got it eventually!

If you ever get a chance to go the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta I highly suggest you do so, it really is a great experience for people of all ages! There are literally hundreds of balloons, I think this year it was somewhere around the range of 600! The fiesta goes on for three weekends and they have all kinds of delicious fried foods and tons of amazing vendors (I'm going to see how many hundreds or thousands of dollars it costs to get one hehe). We like to get there early to watch the dawn patrol go up, then the mass ascension with all the balloons! It is so cool to see :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...