Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Starting tomorrow!

Today is the last day of June! That means...the No Plastic Challenge starts tomorrow!

For a whole month Matt and I will not purchase anything that has even a smidgen of plastic on it. In our tiny town that is going to be difficult, we don't have a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or anything similar nearby, just Smith's, Wal*Mart (which we avoid like the plague) and John Brooks. I see quite a bit of fresh fruits and veggies in our future, homemade bread (Matt makes the BEST), homemade tortillas, homemade salsa, eggs and beans, along with a few other neat finds we'll show you on our website.

Please don't hesitate to email us (can be found at the bottom of the homepage) or leave comments on this post for suggestions, questions, hints and tricks or anything else you think might be of interest to us.

4 comments:

elsie said...

No plastic?!? I will be stopping by regularly to see how it's going - I can't wait to find out! Good Luck!

Little Dickens Designs said...

That's a really interesting challenge. I may issue that to myself for the next month. I'm not certain I can do it. Are you vegetarians? What do you do about meats? It's easy enough to stop at the butcher counter, but there's usually a bit of plastic INSIDE the butcher paper. I wonder if I can just tell them to omit it.

Hilary said...

It's kind of cool to read about someone else who doesn't shop at Wal-Mart. Most of my friends are pretty understanding about it, but I'm not sure they really *get* it, know what I mean? Good luck on your challenge!

Curtis Collectables :) said...

Awesome challenge. I'm too weak to give up anything myself. Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...