Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why Did I Learn To Knit?

For part of my Ravelry Swap group there will be bi-weekly questions to let our Spoilers know more about us. This time the question is: Why did you learn to knit?

I learned to knit the basics from my momma. She had knit off and on while I was growing up and I'm not entirely sure what pushed me to first ask her, maybe she knows? Anyways, I was probably about 9 or 10 and she gave me some yellow cotton yarn and some wooden needles and that was that.

I continued learning because, for whatever reason, the technique clicked with me. And the opportunities to learn more and more about the craft, new textures, new shapes, new fibers, all of it was just so inspiring. From there I mostly taught myself, and to this day I teach myself new things and I make my own designs.

So my question to you is: Why haven't you learned to knit?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...