Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ravelry Swap! And basically a little more about me...

Hi everyone, I have decided to do my first Ravelry Swap! This should be a fun experience and to start off the swap to give my pal some information about me I am going to answer a few questions for them that have been posted in the group.

Do you knit or crochet, or both? How long have you been at the craft?

I knit, I have tried crochet and can crochet a few simple things but not the complex things I can knit. So I mainly stick to knitting. I've been knitting for about ten years, my momma taught me when I was about 9 or 10.

Do you spin?

I have recently (within the last three months) taught myself to spin using a basic drop spindle.

What yarns/fibers are your favorites?

Oh boy, I like so many of them! I mostly just like anything that is soft and in beautiful colors.

What yarns/fibers do you not like?

I am not a big fan of chenille....but I think that's the only fiber I make sure to steer clear from.

What yarns/fibers would you like to try but haven’t?

I'd love to try to spin some fibers that aren't wool, as I've spun only wool since I first learned, but knitting-wise....I haven't knit with silk too much, that might be fun.

What are your favorite colors? Colors that you don’t like?

Colors, all of them! Except probably pink, I don't really like pink but I do have some because my customers like it...

What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?

Honestly, I like all of them. I haven't come across any projects that I absolutely loathed.


What are you currently working on?

Right this moment I am working on a pair of knucks for a custom order as well as trying to finish up some Christmas presents for friends and family.

What is your favorite FO? (Please post a picture if you have one.)

I suppose I would have to say my every day bag, because I use it every day...I'll see if I can dig up a picture...

Are there any techniques that you want to learn?

Oh yes! Always, I love learning new things! I'd love to learn how to crochet even better, I'd love to learn how to dye yarns (and have the space to do so), I'm always up for learning new stitches, new textures, new anything and everything :)

Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift?

Sadly, I do not, at least not yet. When I am more permanently established somewhere I would love to finally get one!

How do you store your needles/hooks?

I store my needles, hooks, etc in this super cool organizer case from lenabrowndesignsDo you collect anything?

I have an unnatural fondness of elephants and have all kinds of elephant paraphernalia around, even a tattoo on my back. Also I collect yarn hehe, like any natural fiber addict!

Do you like sweets?

Oh yes, but who doesn't?

What are your favorite scents?

I really like anything citrus-y, as well as the basic but calming vanilla, lavender, patchouli, sandalwood, and dragon's blood.

Are you having a birthday during this swap?

I am not, my birthday has passed already, but wouldn't that be fun?

What is your living situation (Are you married? Do you have kids, pets, or both?)

I currently live with my boyfriend and our hamster, Delilah and our Samoyed, Panda.

Are you allergic to anything?

As far as I can tell, I'm only allergic to cruel people and school work.

Is there anything else that you would like your pal to know?

I suppose I could let my pal know that I am a college student and plan on getting my Associates Degree in May, 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...