Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fixer-Upper Bike

So I live in this tiny, little bitty town south of Albuquerque, NM and I go to the Tech school here. I live in an apartment off campus which is probably less than a mile from the campus. I am close enough that driving everyday makes me feel bad (for my car, the environment, my wallet...) but far enough that there is no way I could get up in time to walk to class and work. So I decided, time for a bike!

Granted, I haven't ridden a bike in, oh, probably around 5 years, and when I was first learning how to ride a bike, it, uh, didn't go so smoothly. I learned in this big church parking lot across the street from our house, yea, bit ol' parking lot. One tree. You see where this is going? Yea, towards the d@#* tree.

Anyways, I want a bike. But I don't like those mountain bikes everyone rides around here, and road bikes are dangerous, for me at least, and tricycles, I don't want to be "That Girl" so I found a vintage cruiser. I really really like those. I found one, its a bit of a fixer, its at least 50 years old, and it shows, I call it character. But I have high ambitions of making it ridable, complete with at least one basket so that I can put my bag in it instead of it across my shoulder making me all lopsided because, lets face it, I need all the help I can get.

What do you think of my new project?

It will probably take me a good three months or so to fix up because the needed parts cost money and as a broke college student, I don't have much of that, but I have dreams! And that's all one needs right?

Oh, and on a separate note, new items in my shop!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...